What is an Alignment Map?
Mapping (0:20 seconds)
How Do I Complete a Course Alignment Map?
Remember that the mapping process is about aligning your course learning objectives (CLOs) with:
- Module learning objectives (MLOs)
- Instructional materials
- Learning activities
- Develop MLOs for each module in the course
- Determine acceptable evidence that MLOs were met
- Plan learning experiences and instruction
- Connect each MLO to one or more CLOs
- Note the MLOs your assessments measure to confirm you are measuring or observing all MLOs
Once you’re finished, return to your alignment map and note how many times each CLO was connected – or mapped – to your MLOs. This will help determine if your CLOs are being met sufficiently within the course. This does not mean that the numbers are even! Just that your CLOs are being met adequately.