Let’s talk about side A and side B of the grade book. Side A is Carmen’s Grades tool, this is the gradebook where you can input students’ grades and students will be able to access their grade information. Side B, is the Assignments page in Carmen. This is where you can setup your assignment groups and organize the gradebook. We will show you how to use both these tools to your advantage in this section.
Tracking performance in your course is essential for students to understand their progress, and the Carmen gradebook makes it easy. In this section, we will guide you through setting up your grading policy and preferences for handling late work. By the end of this module, you will be able to use the gradebook to keep track of students’ grades efficiently.
- How do I use the Gradebook?
- How do I arrange columns in the Gradebook?
- How do I sort and display student data in the Gradebook?
- How do I use posting policies in a course?
- How do I select a grade posting policy for a course in the Gradebook?
- How do I post grades for an assignment in the Gradebook?
- How do I send a message to students from the Gradebook?
- How do I get to SpeedGrader from the Gradebook?
In Carmen, organizing your gradebook with assignment groups is simpler than you might expect. We’ll demonstrate how to use them to structure your grading and how your syllabus can aid you in this process.
- How do I use the Assignments Index Page?
- How do I add an assignment group in a course?
- How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups?
- How do I create rules for an assignment group?
- How do I create an assignment shell in an assignment group?
- How do I move or reorder an assignment group?